Announcing the Sixth Annual ISGAN Award (2020) of Excellence - Entries are now closed
Here are the Winners of the 6th ISGAN Award of Excellence in ‘Digitalization Enabling Consumer Empowerment’
Nominations are now open for the sixth ISGAN Award of Excellence competition, sponsored by the International Smart Grid Action Network (ISGAN), in partnership with the Global Smart Grid Federation (GSGF). The award will recognize excellence in innovation, integration, and transformation of smart grid systems.
2020 Award Theme: Digitalization Enabling Consumer Empowerment
The governments of major smart grid markets have been encouraging the digitalization with smart grid technologies that involve consumer engagement to achieve emission reduction from renewable energy and energy efficiency. And digital Platforms are now changing the nature of customer engagement across different domains and services. As digital technologies are increasingly applied to the energy infrastructure, digitalization continues to disrupt customer service delivery, as well as products and services development.
Energy consumers are increasingly embracing digital on their own—going digital for customer service and for comparing enabling new options for buying/selling of electricity and grid services. At this year’s awards competition, ISGAN will highlight the exemplary projects enabling consumer empowerment by innovative digitalization through smart grid technologies.
- Eligible projects include pilot, demonstration, and deployment projects as well as established programs that demonstrate excellence in employing digitalized smart grid technologies to enable consumers to take more energy control
- Please see the ‘Official Rules’ of the ISGAN Award of Excellence and detailed ‘Submission Forms’ for more information
- The international jury panel will select winning projects based on five key criteria:
- Potential impact (25pt),
- Innovation (25pt),
- Consumer benefits & empowerments (25pt),
- Economic rationale (12.5pt), and,
- Potential for replication or adaptation (12.5pt).
- Winners will be announced during a ceremony at the eleventh Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM11) in May 2020 in Chile
- Winners will be invited to participate in the ceremony for a certificate & plaque and be recognized in ISGAN products and proceedings over the following months
Timeline of Awards Competition
Submission Deadline (extended) : 29 November 2019