Highlights of 2020 include:
- Two very fruitful online Ex.Co. meetings, where the following topics were in the main focus:
1) Request for Extension and Strategy process(a strategy process for the preparation of the next phase of ISGAN).
2) Cooperation with other organizations, TCPs, and initiatives
- Based on the successful Knowledge Transfer Project (KTP) approach developed within ISGAN since 2016, a new process design was developed for the Regulatory Sandbox 2.0 Project
- Under the lead of the UK, a new Annex 9 on Flexibility Markets Development and Implementation was approved and officially started on January 26th, 2021.
- The CEM Horizontal Accelerator for “Power System Integration of Electric Vehicle (EV) Infra-structure” is an innovative mechanism strengthening the collaboration and capitalizing on the synergies between four CEM workstreams: the International Smart Grid Action Network (ISGAN), 21st Century Power Partnership (21CPP), the Electric Vehicle Initiative (EVI) & the Power System Flexibility (PSF) Campaign.
- ISGAN and the Power System Flexibility Campaign (PSF) organized a joint workshop “A holistic approach to low emission energy systems through the sector integration” This event took place as an official pre-event of the CEM11/MI-5 Ministerial meeting on Wednesday 16 September 2020.
- The Smart Grid Evaluation Toolkit
- In collaboration with Annex 2 and 7, Annex 4 supported the publication of policy messages on Innovative Regulatory Approaches with Focus on Experimental Sandboxes to Enable Smart Grid Deployment.
- Public SIRFN Webinar on “Testing Methods and Certification Protocols of IEA-ISGAN:SIRFN”, October 15th, 2020
- SIRFN Fact Sheet “ISGAN Annex 5 General Brochure”
- Joint SIRFN and related SIRFN member publications
- Micro grids vs Mega grids
- Lessons learned from international projects on TSO-DSO interaction
- inter-Annex Regulatory Sandboxes 2.0 project
- The ISGAN Academy webinars
- The ISGAN Award of Excellence
- Capturing Flexibility in Local Energy Systems Workshop
For the full activity description feel free to download the latest issue of our Activity Report below.