Webinar - Sustainable Peak Load Transformers
07 June 2022 - 14:30 CEST - ISGAN Virtual Learning invites you to this panel debate on the evolution of peak load transformers.
Energy Transition and Circular Economy-related regulations are popping up around the world. Both energy efficiency and material efficiency are to be optimised. In electrical applications it is not always apparent how a trade-off between these goals can be avoided. The sustainable peak load concept for public distribution transformers does exactly that: it is beneficial to transformer energy efficiency as well as material efficiency, with no need for compromise.
This webinar will present the concept, several case studies, a thorough transformer loading survey carried out in US and a modelling exercise for the EU.
- Aggregate professor of electrical engineering at the University of Bergamo
- Chairman of Cenelec TC14
- Chairman of CEI TC97
- Over 200 technical and scientific papers
- Author of PQ Handbook (2008) and Electrical Energy Efficiency (2012), both published by Wiley and Sons
- Managing and Sales Director, Westrafo Srl.
- Graduated as a management engineer at the University of Padua
- 16 years of experience in the transformer industry
|Bruno De Wachter
- Free-lance engineer-copywriter and consultant with focus on the energy sector
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (University of Ghent)
- A post-master’s in European Languages and their Literature (University of Antwerp).
- In-house consultant and copywriter for the European Copper Institute since 2011
- President and CEO of Hvolt Inc.
- Life Fellow IEEE
- Long-time member of IEEE Transformer Committee
- Holder of 15 US patents
- Technical Adviser to the USNC for Power Transformers, IEC TC 14
- 56 years of experience in the transformer industry (design, engineering and management)
- Clean Energy Transition Programme Manager at the European Copper Institute
- Leads multiple publicly funded EU Horizon projects.
- Energy Engineer (Bilbao)
- ENSPM school (France)
- Experience at the French Energy Regulatory Commission and in the automotive sector
- Global Customers Application Manager, Cargill
- 20 years of experience in the US transformer industry
- Dozens of publications on transformers
- Active member of IEEE Transformer Committee