Specifically, the partnership seeks to:
- exchange in a structured way the respective knowledge-base, in order to grasp greater awareness of the needs of energy system’s final users and society at large, from diverse geographic perspectives;
- promote more efficient efforts in technical-scientific R&D, targeting both short- and long-term solutions for power system stakeholders and customers;
- facilitate insights of present energy transition and forthcoming global trends, for shaping the future of energy systems effectively integrating new technologies, processes and services;
- to support the respective Working Groups with experts’ contributions, through sharing state-of-the-art advancements in policy approaches, technologies and processes;
- elaborate joint deliverables on topics of common interest, with the aim to enrich the Smart Grid progress.
With ETIP SNET’s pan-European footprint, a wide stakeholder representation including industry associations (grid operators, utilities and storage, manufacturers, ICT providers) and a technical-scientific orientation to R&D planning and monitoring in the wide area of energy systems and ISGAN’s international footprint spanning all continents and a mainly public membership base (governmental energy agencies, Research Centers and Universities) it is foreseen that a fruitful cooperation can be achieved in several areas including: Flexibility and resilience in power systems, High variable RES and DER integration, Integration among power system and other energy sectors, Holistic grids architectures, grid developments and system planning, Smart grids operations and economics, Digitalization and interoperability of smart grids components and processes, TSO-DSO coordination in operation and planning and Data exchange architecture, protocols, and cybersecurity.
For more information on ETIP SNET please visit: https://www.etip-snet.eu/
For more news on smart grids do not forget to register to our newsletter!